Mechanical engineering professionals primarily deal with things that move. Students in LMU’s Mechanical Engineering program learn to understand how the discipline’s broad scope pertains to a variety of engineering activities and products, including vehicles for ground, sea, air, and space transportation; power plants, machines, heating and cooling and manufacturing systems; structural mechanics, and processing plants. Majors immerse themselves in a high quality, research and practice-oriented, design-focused curriculum that serves as preparation for both graduate studies and leadership roles in industry.
Visit the main Mechanical Engineering page.
You might be a Mechanical Engineering major if you:
- Are both creative and disciplined
- Like working with machines
- Enjoy using math and science
- Are curious about how things work
- Care about technology, people, and the environment