A degree in Finance provides students with the necessary skills to perform rigorous financial analysis, and a solid understanding of financial markets, institutions and current issues in order to contribute more to firms in their chosen specialty within finance upon graduation from LMU. Students develop analytical skills in the application of theory and tools essential to financial planning, investments, financial markets, institutions and corporate planning while acquiring the vocabulary and critical financial perspectives needed to enhance their careers and personal financial goals.
LMU Finance graduates understand:
- How to assess a firm’s financial performance
- How to value a stream of cash flows
- The relationship between risk and return and the benefits of diversification
- How to make sound investment decisions
- The determinants and importance of a firm’s capital structure
- How financial managers deal with international risk
- Important considerations in working capital management
Visit the main Finance page.
You might be a Finance major if you:
- Are interested in Wall Street
- Stay current with business news
- Are fascinated by money
- Plan on a career in banking
- Are an investor